- 375 F
- 30 min.
- 2 hr.
- Martha Stewart via Everyday Food
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 lb. peeled russet potatoes, sliced very thin
- 4 shallots, thickly sliced lengthwise
- 8 sprigs thyme
- combine butter and oil in small bowl
- brush 9-inch baking dish with some butter mixture
- arrange potato slices vertically in dish
- wedge shallots between potato slices
- sprinkle with salt
- brush with remaining butter mixture
- bake 75 min.
- add thyme
- bake about 35 min. longer, until cooked through and crisp
Thinner slices will be crispier. Recipe from dad.