- 400 F
- 20 min.
- 20 min.
- Danielle Rye via Live Well Bake often
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. cold unsarted buter, cubed (3/4 stick)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- line large baking sheet with parchment paper
- mix flour, sugar, baking power, and salt in large mixing bowl
- add butter, cutting it into dry ingredients until pea-sized crumbs form
- in separate bowl, whisk heavy whipping cream, egg, and vanilla until fully combined
- combine wet and dry ingredients
- scoop mixture onto floured surface, working together into a ball
- flatten into a 7-inch circle
- slice into eights
- place on baking sheet, keeping space between pieces
- chill in freezer for 10 minutes
- brush scones with heavy whipping cream
- bake 18-22 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through
- cool before serving
After mixing wet and dry ingredients, consistency may be crumbly.
Dough slices can be frozen overnight.