- 1 packet (2 tsp.) active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 3/4 cup flour, set aside
- 1 1/2 cup flour, set aside
- 1/2 cup flour, set aside
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- put 1 cup lukewarm water in a large mixing bowl
- stir in yeast and sugar
- stir in 3/4 cup flour
- put bowl in a warm place, uncovered about 15 min.
- add salt, olive oil, and 1 1/2 cup flour
- stir into a shaggy mas
- dust with four then knead in bowl for 1 min.
- knead dough on counter for 2 min.
- cover and let rest 10 min.
- knead for 2 min.
- dough should be soft and a bit moist
- dough may be covered and refrigerated overnight
- return dough to mixing bowl
- cover and put in warm place
- leave 1 hour, until dough has doubled in size
- put baking sheet in oven and preheat to 475 degrees
- knead dough and divide into 8 balls
- cover dough balls with damp towel for 10 min.
- press balls into thin, flat disks with a rolling pin
- one by one, place on hot baking sheet
- after 2 min., flip puffed circles
- flip with tongs and bake 1 additional min.
- transfer to a napkin-lined basket and cover