The undersigned will be ceasing our workshop activities related to the WAVES Workshop on Wednesday, June 10th in support of #ShutDownAcademia, #ShutDownSTEM, and the Black Lives Matter movement. To this end, I will no longer be presenting the Enrichment Seminar planned for that day. The undersigned encourage WAVES Workshop mentors and participants to consider suspending their own meetings and development work.
You can read more about the #ShutDownAcademia #ShutDownSTEM #Strike4BlackLives movement here.
I’mma need eager allies to get tooled up before they charge in.— DNLee (@DNLee5) June 7, 2020
Stop. Stop. Reflect. Listen and learn first.
We have a whole day set aside for you pic.twitter.com/wmIpRgvtxW
The undersigned encourage WAVES Workshop mentors and participants to instead consider engaging with conversations and materials related to the Black Lives Matter movement. We have collected a few here, but suggest that mentees and participants also seek out their own.
Create a pull request to suggest materials or email email@example.com.
RE: academia and STEM,
- What do white educators need to do tomorrow?
- White Supremacy Culture in Organizations
- Medium: Decolonising Science Reading List
- 13TH / FULL FEATURE / Netflix
- Campaign Zero
- NPR Code Switch A Decade Of Watching Black People Die
- Medium: 75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice
- Google Doc: Anti-racism resources
- Google Doc: Justice in June
- Cardd: Ways You Can Help
- Police: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)
- White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack
Create a pull request to add your name or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Matthew Andres Moreno
- Alexander Lalejini
- Acacia Lee Ackles
- Anya Vostinar
- Katherine Skocelas
- Austin J. Ferguson
- Emily Dolson
- Jose Guadalupe Hernandez
- Oliver Baldwin Edwards
- Diane J Blackwood
- Santiago Rodriguez-Papa
- Maria Berry