- 350 F
- 25 min.
- Lillian Senior via Renee Senior
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 cup broken nuts
- 1 cup dates (cut in thirds)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Beat eggs until light, then slowly add the sugar. Beat well and stir in dry ingredients (sifted together). Add nuts, dates, and vanilla.
- Then turn into two shallow pans about 7 inches square, greased well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 or 25 minutes or until light brown.
- Cut at once into bars and remove from tins.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
From a photocopied newspaper clipping, “Tasty Date Bar Recipe Given by Mrs. Senior.”
Appropriate to serve to guests who call during the days before the new year is the recipe recommended by Mrs. Clair M. Senior, 1718 Herbert avenue, for The Telegram series of Favorite Recipes of Salt Lake Hostesses. Mrs. Senior chooses tasty date bars, which are easily prepared.