Spend with Pennies
- 1 lb. chicken, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. yellow curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. Thai red curry paste
- 15 oz. canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water or chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- rice, for serving
- Heat oil in large pot over medium low heat.
- Add onions and minced garlic, cook until onions are softened.
- Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes, until browned slightly.
- Add curry powder and paste, cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add water or chicken stock.
- Stir in brown sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice.
- Salt to taste.
- Serve over rice and top with cilantro.