Week 3, 2021: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
🔗 Pre-Discussion Learning Material
Please bring something outside of the paper that helps deepen your understanding of the underlying issues the paper is discussing itself. This could be a story in the news, a fact or statistic from a talk, a line of reasoning from another paper, a personal experience, a story from a friend, a passage from a book, a poem, a piece of art, really anything. Aim for something you can present in a minute or two. This is optional, but encouraged.
- guest introductions (5 min)
discussion guidelines (5 min)
- feel free to message me directly during or after the discussion with any concerns
- if you need to step out of the discussion space, for a few minutes or for the remainder, feel free to do so — no need to ask for permission or check in (unless you want to)
- roundtable, what additional context helps deepen your understanding? (25 min)
- be sure to tie back to the discussion paper
- we’ll have a chance for a comment or follow-up or two
- freeform big group discussion (5 min)
- small groups (10 min): what action should we expect from
- a coworker?
- a professor or teacher?
- a dean, principal, or university administrator?
- a hiring manager or recruiter?
- a manager or corporate executive?
- a legislator?
- report small group highlights to big group & discuss (10 min)